UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: CountryTom Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 74759  
Subject: Delaware Charter Quandry Date: 11/25/1997 10:51 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I am going to do the Foolish 4, with my wife's and my IRA's. I plan roll them over into self directed IRA's.
However, it seems that the broker that I was intending to use, uses Delaware Charter which has an annual fee of $40.00 and an opening fee of $25.00 per account. My delemma is that previously I had trouble getting IRA money from Delaware Charter. It took over 6 months. Does anyone have a relationship with them? Are they a good company? Are their fees in line?

Thanks for any help!

Foolish and inquiring minds want to know!

CountryTom
Print the post Back To Top
Author: JeanDavid Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 649 of 74759
Subject: Re: Delaware Charter Quandry Date: 11/25/1997 11:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<it seems that the broker that I was intending to use, uses Delaware Charter which has an annual fee of $40.00 and an opening fee of $25.00 per account. My delemma is that previously I had trouble getting IRA money from Delaware Charter. It took over 6 months. Does anyone have a relationship with them? Are they a good company? Are their fees in line? >

The fees seem in line with making Delaware Charter rich instead of you. I would suggest going to the Discount Broker folder to get more information. You should also go to URL:

http://www.sonic.net/donaldj/frame.html

and

http://www.fool.com/media/discountbrokeragecenter/discountbrokeragecenter.htm

as well to find out more.

Also, once you select a new broker (hint, hint, hint),
you should have the new one get the stocks, etc., from the old one directly. It may well be faster, and will save you tax problems as well.

Author: TMFPixy Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 651 of 74759
Subject: Re: Delaware Charter Quandry Date: 11/26/1997 9:35 AM
Yo, CountryTom.

<<I am going to do the Foolish 4, with my wife's and my IRA's. I plan roll them over into self directed IRA's. However, it seems that the broker that I was intending to use, uses Delaware Charter which has an annual fee of $40.00 and an opening fee of $25.00 per account. My delemma is that previously I had trouble getting IRA money from Delaware Charter. It took over 6 months. Does anyone have a relationship with them? Are they a good company? Are their fees in line? >>

I can't speak to their professional abilities, but their fees are far more than you would pay elsewhere for the same service. As for me, I would follow the not so subtle hints provided by JeanDavid.

Regards......Pixy

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement