Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: EveryVoteCounts Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121178  
Subject: Democrats tax the market down 10% Date: 6/22/2007 12:48 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Will the "tax talk" take the bull out of the market?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: billjam Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94989 of 121178
Subject: Re: Democrats tax the market down 10% Date: 6/22/2007 5:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I think the problems in the Bear Stearns hedge fund and interest rate jitters accounted for about 80% of today's decline. I'll give you 20% for the worries about the tax changes being talked about, although I don't expect anything to happen on that front.

We're also getting into silly season when some big players start setting up their positions so they can take vacations.

Author: ziggy29 Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 94990 of 121178
Subject: Re: Democrats tax the market down 10% Date: 6/22/2007 5:33 PM
Recommendations: 0
Looks like people are taking "sell in May and stay away" pretty seriously this year.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement