Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I went to see the dentist this morning for the first time in about 2 1/2 years. No dental insurance so I have to pay out of my pocket. I am going to get into the routine of going every 9 to 12 months or so.

I've never had any problems with my teeth or gums. Everything was A-Ok today as well. I had an excellent cleaning done by the hygienist. I got in the chair at 9AM and she took until 10:15 or so. She was so thorough and explained everything so well. She checked my gums for peridontal disease (don't have), did some scaling (scraping), flossing, cleaning, x-rays, and a fluoride treatment. Came to a grand total of $143. The dentist also gave me a 10 or 15 minute lookover and said all is well.

I'm just curious as to what you all think about the price. I'm budget conscious as well as health conscious. My teeth feel so clean right now. I do brush twice a day and floss once a day so I take decent care of my teeth. I am going to try to start doing a quick brush around mid day as well. I want my body to last to at least 100 years of age so I need to take care of my teeth as well.

The wife and boys have appointments next month. The wife may need a little bit of work done so hopefully this won't break my wallet.

Oh, what do you all think about the flouride treatment. They told me they recommend it every 6 months but it is my choice. I told them I would probably have it done about once a year. They charge $18 for the fluoride treatment itself. Hey, I need to watch my pennies.

After this post I am going to attempt to put another hard drive in my computer. I have an older computer and my HD is full so a friend gave me a new HD that is bigger. I am going to try and set this new one up as the slave to my original. If you don't see me back on-line for awhile then you know something bad happened.

Hope to be back soon.

Mark :-)
Print the post  

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.