Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: jg4 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 19380  
Subject: Dental Insurance Date: 6/6/2005 3:52 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I will lose my dental insurance with company MetLife dental insurance at age 65. I have looked at AARP/Delta Dental and another similiar plan. It doesn't seem to me to be a very good deal. Pay $25-45/month which partially covers two cleanings and has a maximum benefit of about $1k to $1.5k.

Has anyone investigated this and have a case to be made for dental insurance?

Thanks,
JG
Print the post Back To Top
Author: wcfenton Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9822 of 19380
Subject: Re: Dental Insurance Date: 6/6/2005 5:22 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I will lose my dental insurance with company MetLife dental insurance at age 65. I have looked at AARP/Delta Dental and another similiar plan. It doesn't seem to me to be a very good deal. Pay $25-45/month which partially covers two cleanings and has a maximum benefit of about $1k to $1.5k.

Has anyone investigated this and have a case to be made for dental insurance?

------------------

Have you thought about taking the same $25-45/month and investing it to create your own dental plan?

Regards,
Bill

Author: edcosoft Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9823 of 19380
Subject: Re: Dental Insurance Date: 6/7/2005 2:30 PM
Recommendations: 1
the only thing that makes Dental Insurance worthwhile is that the employer pays most of the premium. If you buy it on your own it is just swapping dollars after considering the premium, deductible, copays, claim limitation, and non-choice of Dentist. ed

Author: jg4 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 9840 of 19380
Subject: Re: Dental Insurance Date: 6/8/2005 5:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. This is what it appeared to me, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing something.

JG

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement