No. of Recommendations: 1
Depending on the State in which the land is located, you might want to talk with local game wardens. By way of example, when I hunted there, Alabama seemed to have more Game Wardens than State Police. That State has a lot of TVA land that you can readily hunt, but it tends to be surrounded by privately owned land and State law dictates having written permission of land owners on your person. The game wardens loved checking for licenses and, if on private property, written permission to be there. In a week long deer hunt I got checked for licensing at least once a day, sometimes two or three times.

I thought the comment about renting some, much or all of the land out to hunters a good one, especially if you can find a small club of responsible hunters who will help you keep an eye on the place. If you do that I would require that they provide a Certificate of General Liability Insurance listing you as an Additional Insured and talk with a competent attorney about drafting a Hold Harmless Agreement in a lease contract. You also want to make sure that their insurance is/will be Primary, yours Excess, for their acts - Contract and policy wording are important.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.