No. of Recommendations: 0
Depends on how it is trained.

I am quite sure that if I were working with this I would be training the systems backwards from the way that they appear to be working. Have the car driving while some human sits there monitoring? That's NUTS!

The damned AI is be much faster than the human. Let it drive with an experienced/expert driver, taking in the scenery and fore-run its actions and compare them with what the human does.

Log it all and check it. When it is more correct than the human it is trained. I don't think it'd take too long.

In terms of the "anticipation" of risk that's trained too. Train it in a VR environment first, so as to get a more complete base.

The whole thing can be done quite rapidly (relative to the time it takes to train a human) but it is still going to be heaps slower than the production time of a steering wheel, brakes and a windscreen. Won't be cheap.

Could be done within a year or less IF they did it right. Don't see anyone doing it that way though.
Print the post  

Announcements

Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement