Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm an individual investor. I have a 9-5 job. In 96 I bought a computer and printer etc.. for investing purposes. I used the computer about 75% for investing. In 96 and 97 I used Tax Cut software to do my taxes. It filled out the form 4562 for the depreciation. I got a figure and thought that the software would transfer that figure to the correct line on Schedual A.
I'm now finding out that it didn't. so I filed my returns with these forms attached and never acually got the depreciation. Other than going back and amending my returns is there anything I can do that won't get me audited????
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.