UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: alstroemeria Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 58776  
Subject: Re: almost out the door Date: 5/16/2013 11:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Despite having to drive all the way back to Charleston for the hubster to have his SSDI exam (to see if he qualifies--you know, just another Dem seeking freebies-) which took 3 1/2 hours--we very much enjoyed Huntington Beach State Park, voted the nicest state park in the entire country (or so it sez at the nature center!). We liked the ambiance of the campground and enjoyed a tidal creek walk with cormorants and fiddler crabs, a naturalist talk on the local invertebrates (got to handle live as well as dead critters), a walk on the beach, and dinner last night at Drunken Jack's with Donna405. My fried soft-shell crab was probably the biggest and best ever--juicy, sweet, not greasy--yum!! The live music was so nice--boomer era hits, but not top 40, better stuff (Donna--help me out ehre--can you remember any songs we heard? DH is not the only one with cognitive difficulties, it seems...). It was wonderful to see Donna again so soon (she visited us last month)--cheered us right up after an upsetting trip to CHS (OK, the mojito didn't hurt either ;-)

I was concerned that the hubster's cognitive issues might prove problematical, but so far just a minor annoyance...he forget to bring batteries and we needed one immediately (but then I forgot to get the kitchen scossors on board and decided not to cut down on # of shoes by not bringing my moccasins, which has already proven a mistake! I forgot how how the passenger foot area gets on the van).

The weather has been astonishing--70s, nice breeze, not humid...ahhh! We're thinking that next year we might just come here for a week or two (DH will be 65 and eligible for the SC sr camping discount--woohoo!).

Tonight will be a wee bit less nice, boon docking night parking lot in the Raleigh NC area (I am cheeep and will not pay for a campground for a single night except for the rare COE/BLM campsite on our route which has happened maybe twice out west). Next campsite is by a corps of engineers reservoir on the NC/VA border north of Raleigh. Not much idea what to expect...hopefully not getting smothered by cicadas (picture any thriller with climbing all over people and vehicles =8^0
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Intel's Broadwell Potential
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement