No. of Recommendations: 0
dfish had a nice description of how to figure our capital gains. But what I wondered about is the taxes on stocks held for different periods. If I DRIP a stock for 10 years and then sell the whole lot I thought I would want to report those held over 5 years, those held 1 to 5 years and those held less than 1 year as each would have different tax rates. So I thought I would calculate the the cost basis three times. Is this right or too complicated or did I miss something?
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.