No. of Recommendations: 84

Cheney has made a profession of criticizing Obama's handling of Afghanistan; even before Obama was elected.

Major General Paul D. Eaton served more than 30 years in the United States Army, including combat and post-combat assignments in Iraq, Bosnia and Somalia. What did he have to say about Cheney?

"The record is clear: Dick Cheney and the Bush administration were incompetent war fighters. They ignored Afghanistan for 7 years with a crude approach to counter-insurgency warfare best illustrated by: 1. Deny it. 2. Ignore it. 3. Bomb it. While our intelligence agencies called the region the greatest threat to America, the Bush White House under-resourced our military efforts, shifted attention to Iraq, and failed to bring to justice the masterminds of September 11.

"The only time Cheney and his cabal of foreign policy 'experts' have anything to say is when they feel compelled to protect this failed legacy. While President Obama is tasked with cleaning up the considerable mess they left behind, they continue to defend torture or rewrite a legacy of indifference on Afghanistan. Simply put, Mr. Cheney sees history throughout extremely myopic and partisan eyes.

"As one deeply invested in the Armed Forces of this country, I am grateful for the senior military commanders assigned to leading this fight and the men and women fighting on the ground. But I dismiss men like Cheney who inject partisan politics into the profound deliberations our Commander-in-Chief and commanders on the ground are having to develop a cohesive and comprehensive strategy, bringing to bear the economic and diplomatic as well as the military power, for Afghanistan -- something Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld never did.

"No human endeavor can be as profound as sending a nation's youth to war. I am very happy to see serious men and women working hard to get it right."

http://archives.nsnetwork.org/node/1442
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Cheney has made a profession of criticizing Obama's handling of Afghanistan; even before Obama was elected.

And probably for good reason...the prez owns 70% of the fatalities in Afghanistan and has lost the war.
No. of Recommendations: 3
It's not Cheney's fault that he

1. Doesn't give a crap what the left says about him.
2. Pimp slaps Obama and every democrat he can whenever he wants and gets away with it, see #1.
3. Did what he needed to do and gave the left the finger at the same time when he was in office.
4. Is secretly the most admired man in the democrat party, hence all the efforts from Obama to be just. like. him.

#4 is the real sticker in the craw: Nobody can accuse Cheney of being soft on national security. It burns the leftists up knowing that they are and he wasn't and everybody knows it. So they'll keep trying to trash what Cheney did all the while trying to be just like him.

Bwahahahaahaha. Cheney wanted to put a bug in a guy's cage and ask him some questions. Obama wants to fly a drone and blow up Americans. Yet to the left 'Cheney is evil'. Go figure.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Trashing their opponents is ALL the left has as their ideas and policies have failed over and over and over again. And LIV believe what they are told by lame-street media, who continuously protect Obama and the dims. So, the trashing has worked and continues to work since Kennedy trashed Bork in his nomination to the supreme court hearings.
No. of Recommendations: 60

Doesn't give a crap what the left says about him.

TheDupe1

Fail

It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience.
No. of Recommendations: 52
"It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience."

Rightly so. The draft dodger and the daddy's boy both turned out to be idiots in the area of military planning, strategy, and execution. What a shocker.
It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience.

...who may or may not be politically aligned with the democrats. You set him up to be neutral, even though it is clear he may not be.

Another left wing logical Fail. Sorry. Keep trying. One day you'll stumble across an argument you can 1) make and 2) actually prove.
3. Did what he needed to do

Saved his own a$$ at the expense of everyone else.
"It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience. "

Fail!

I will bet your nest check that this general you quoted is a lib. So, it means NOTHING.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Rightly so. The draft dodger and the daddy's boy both turned out to be idiots in the area of military planning, strategy, and execution. What a shocker.

Draft dodger? Oh, you must mean the 5 time deferment Biden. The college football team needed him...and the prez? He did say he gave a fleeting thought to signing up and serve his Country, but that 'coke' befuddled his brain...too bad, now he is the cic screwing up losing the Afghan war...and vaporizing Americans.

Ahhhhhhh, the old liberal crock of manure, that you can find experts that share your view so all experts share your view.

Must be tiring caring around the same old tired crap for so long, but enjoy.
Ahhhhhhh, the old liberal crock of manure, that you can find experts that share your view so all experts share your view. </>

Here, let me help you with that....

Ahhhhhh, the old politicians crock of manure.
I will bet your nest check that this general you quoted is a lib. So, it means NOTHING.

So, any one you quote that is a rightie means nothing?

Don't know what this general's political leanings are - but both administrations have not done admirable jobs handling Afghanistan/Iraq. Although there was some improvement in Iraq after 2006 (7?).

Icemann
Don't know what this general's political leanings are - but both administrations have not done admirable jobs handling Afghanistan/Iraq. Although there was some improvement in Iraq after 2006 (7?).

Iraq got better after they implemented the 1-2 punch of the surge and the Sunni Awakening stuff. The outgoing Bush/Cheney team drew up a similar plan for Afghanistan and handed it to Obama on their way out the door, but over a year went by before some of the recommendations were put into place, and the rest is history.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1888257,00.ht...
No. of Recommendations: 51
[ Rightly so. The draft dodger and the daddy's boy both turned out to be idiots in the area of military planning, strategy, and execution. What a shocker. ]

"Draft dodger? Oh, you must mean the 5 time deferment Biden." -Lurker

Nope. I meant 5 time deferment Cheney. That happened before he flunked out of college twice, and got arrested for DWI a couple of times. A four year program took Cheney 6 years. Bush has his own DWI history. Yet these are the folks you admire. Says something, you know.

Biden had asthma as a teenager, which is why he was classified not available for service. He is a teetotaler, by the way. If you know his personal history, most folks would find him to be a very admirable guy. I'd love to have him as a friend or a neighbor. Cheney? He gives me the creeps.

Bush/Cheney executed the disastrous invasion and occupation of Iraq, not Biden or Obama.
No. of Recommendations: 51
[ It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience. ]

"Ahhhhhhh, the old liberal crock of manure, that you can find experts that share your view so all experts share your view.

Must be tiring caring around the same old tired crap for so long, but enjoy."

The strategy and tactics used by those two clowns to stumble their way through the biggest foreign blunder in our history will most certainly never be admired by anyone with any military or political prowess.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Biden had asthma as a teenager, which is why he was classified not available for service

lol...what a crock! Bumbling Biden health wasn't all that bad since he was a star athlete during his HS years ...
snip
"Biden attended the Archmere Academy in Claymont,[13] where he was a standout halfback/wide receiver on the high school football team; he helped lead a perennially losing team to an undefeated season in his senior year.[10][14] He played on the baseball team as well.[10]"
snip
"Biden attended the University of Delaware in Newark, where he was more interested in sports and socializing than in studying,[10] although his classmates were impressed by his cramming abilities.[15] He played halfback with the Blue Hens freshman football team.[14]"
snip
"Biden received five student draft deferments during this period, with the first coming in late 1963 and the last in early 1968, at the peak of the Vietnam War.[27]

And then finally...

snip
"In April 1968, he was reclassified by the Selective Service System as not available for service due to having had asthma as a teenager.[27][28]"

Would you like to try again to offer excuses for bumbling Biden's 5 deferments?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden
And Biden was right that Cheney didn't get anything right in eight years. No one can argue with that.

BTW good thing he had a shotgun in his hand that day he shot his friend in the face instead of an SAR. OTOH, the headlines would have been something!
No. of Recommendations: 5

I'll be more upset with him and Obama if they start a war, as opposed to attempting to wind down the ones they inherited.

And I'm not particularly happy with their drone policy, btw.
No. of Recommendations: 53
If anyone ever had any doubt about how far around the bend our resident wingnuts reside, all they have to do is read this thread and see their denial and delusion try to pass for logic. As a bonus, check out how concerned they are with facts and truth.

You tell them that 2+2=4 and they say no it's 5.

You tell them that every mathematician on earth says it's 4 and they say those mathematicians are probably liberals and it's 5. As if the truth depends on the nationality, weight, education, color or politics of the speaker.

How would you like to be charged with a crime and have these people on the jury. I'm afraid the time has come to require people to demonstrate that they can reason before they can vote or serve on a jury. I know it's awful to contemplate but we have to have some minimum standards of sanity.

proton
<<<<How would you like to be charged with a crime and have these people on the jury. I'm afraid the time has come to require people to demonstrate that they can reason before they can vote or serve on a jury. I know it's awful to contemplate but we have to have some minimum standards of sanity.>>>>

So; you're ok wiyh losing your voting privilege?
I'll be more upset with him and Obama if they start a war, as opposed to attempting to wind down the ones they inherited.

Sorry. You can't attack with the anti-war thing and then excuse Obama for it with the mild rebuke. THat's a dodge. Let's see some 100-rec blockbusters about how Obama likes murdering babies, like the left was fond of typing just a few years ago. You're all a bunch of hypocrites if you don't.
No. of Recommendations: 2
"Biden had asthma as a teenager, which is why he was classified not available for service"

"lol...what a crock!" -Lurker

Truth often strikes you that way. Weird. But why do you keep trying to change the subject of how Cheney and Bush royally screwed up when it came to their playing soldier in the ME?

I have a guess. hehe...

The prez did not inherit anything. The prez spent two years campaigning and begging to become the next cic. The prez said he had a plan and could do a better job...but has failed.
The prez did not inherit anything.

Well, not much to brag about.

That's for sure.
"Biden had asthma as a teenager, which is why he was classified not available for service"

"lol...what a crock!" -Lurker

Truth often strikes you that way. Weird. But why do you keep trying to change the subject of how Cheney and Bush royally screwed up when it came to their playing soldier in the ME?

I have a guess. hehe...

That's all you have for a reply? Who is changing the subject? You're the one who brought up the draft dodger issue and I am merely reminding you the prez and vp are draft dodgers. As Biden might say, you fumbled the ball...the bouncing ball, that is.
The prez did not inherit anything.

Well, not much to brag about.

That's for sure.

And look at the mess the prez inherited from...oh wait, never mind. lol...
The United States had 32,500 military personnel (of which 23,550 were with ISAF) in Afghanistan in 2008.

By 2011 there were 101,000

Draw downs have gotten us to 68,000, still twice what Bush had.

And did you know,

Over Twice as Many U.S. Soldiers Have Died in Afghanistan Under Obama In 3 1/2 Years Than Did Under Bush in 8 Years

Obama ... savior of the Middle East (well, except Tunisia, Egypt, Libya, Lebanon, Syria, Palestine ... and others)

Bears
No. of Recommendations: 6
[ But why do you keep trying to change the subject of how Cheney and Bush royally screwed up when it came to their playing soldier in the ME?

I have a guess. hehe...]

"That's all you have for a reply?"

Yes. Nothing else is needed to prove my point.

"Who is changing the subject?"

You are. The topic is Cheney, the incompetent war fighter. I know why you don't want to talk about that.

"You're the one who brought up the draft dodger issue..."

Yes, because Cheney was a draft dodger.

"...and I am merely reminding you the prez and vp are draft dodgers. As Biden might say, you fumbled the ball...the bouncing ball, that is."

Actually, its your fumble. The draft ended before Obama was eligible. He's too young. Duh. Wrong again, LM. Will you ever learn? (rhetorical question, I already know the answer...hehe.)
Actually, its your fumble. The draft ended before Obama was eligible. He's too young. Duh. Wrong again, LM. Will you ever learn? (rhetorical question, I already know the answer...hehe.)

Oh OK, I'll clarify that for you. The prez is a CHICKEN HAWK.
I'm afraid the time has come to require people to demonstrate that they can reason before they can vote or serve on a jury. I know it's awful to contemplate but we have to have some minimum standards of sanity.

Sorry, this American disagrees with you on this point. This country has grown because of the inclusions in the voting process, not because of its exclusions. We got stronger when we included women in those with the right to vote & stronger when we extended the voting protections to all minorities. We are stronger because of our diversity, not because of our group think.

I insist that I have every right to be wrong about some issue and, as an American, still have the right to cast my ballot during elections. Why would I agree to take that right away from another American.....no matter my opinions of their opinion?

Poz
No. of Recommendations: 6
1. Doesn't give a crap what the left says about him.

I'm pretty sure Major General Paul D. Eaton is not a leftist.

2. Pimp slaps Obama and every democrat he can whenever he wants and gets away with it, see #1.
3. Did what he needed to do and gave the left the finger at the same time when he was in office.

It is sad that you value obnoxious self-serving posturing more than sound policy or true patriotism.

Cheney wanted to put a bug in a guy's cage and ask him some questions. Obama wants to fly a drone and blow up Americans.

Exactly. Cheney likes torture. Obama likes air strikes.

Well, not quite exactly. Obama doesn't want to blow up Americans. He wants to kill Al Qaeda terrorists, some of whom are Americans. It's hard to imagine that Cheney doesn't wholeheartedly approve, or would if a Republican were president.
...who may or may not be politically aligned with the democrats.

Fail. Being "aligned with the Democrats," whatever that means, doesne't somehow magically invalidate the general's opinion of Cheney.

You set him up to be neutral, even though it is clear he may not be.

Double fail. "Neutral" about what? If he were ambivalent about national security he wouldn't have become an army general.
No. of Recommendations: 4
[ Actually, its your fumble. The draft ended before Obama was eligible. He's too young. Duh. Wrong again, LM. Will you ever learn? (rhetorical question, I already know the answer...hehe.) ]

"Oh OK, I'll clarify that for you."

So that's how you say "I was wrong" in your part of the world?

"The prez is a CHICKEN HAWK."

Wrong again. Look up the definition of chicken hawk. Also check out 'war wimp'. Both describe those who advocate war while avoiding combat themselves. You'll find it fits the cowards Bush and Cheney like a glove.
Nobody can accuse Cheney of being soft on national security

=========

afghan war is a difficult and Chenny and Bush were not strong to fight the war on terrorism. They abdicated eir responsibilities and picked a non-thread because they can win Iraq war. A war that had no strategic are tactical benefits in war on terrorism caused more lives than Sep 11.

Yes he was weak and not strong enough to make tough choices and wanted easy way out.
Wrong again. Look up the definition of chicken hawk. Also check out 'war wimp'. Both describe those who advocate war while avoiding combat themselves.

Yep, that's the prez all right.
Thanks for finally acknowledging the truth how the prez advocates war and avoided serving his Country.
No. of Recommendations: 9
<<It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience.>>

"...who may or may not be politically aligned with the democrats. You set him up to be neutral, even though it is clear he may not be.

Another left wing logical Fail. Sorry. Keep trying. One day you'll stumble across an argument you can 1) make and 2) actually prove."
----------------

Just out of curiosity, Dope: Have you ever encountered a political argument you disagreed with that didn't feature an impeachable source (in your own mind)? Where you actually had to confront the merits of the case without resorting to some form of character assassination? Mmm . . . . Must be nice to be so thoroughly objective on every issue. Lol.
No. of Recommendations: 24
"It's not the "left." The criticisms of the Cheney/Bush Record come from generals with 30 years of combat experience. "

<<Fail!

I will bet your nest check that this general you quoted is a lib. So, it means NOTHING.>>

--------------

Ah, my previous question also applies, and in spades, to "NemesisToLibs," whose moniker suggests that he found his absolute Truth long ago and is willing to torque every item of information quite deliberately to conform thereto.

So very comfy, is it? And so utterly unproductive in actual argument.
Just out of curiosity, Dope: Have you ever encountered a political argument you disagreed with that didn't feature an impeachable source (in your own mind)? Where you actually had to confront the merits of the case without resorting to some form of character assassination? Mmm . . . . Must be nice to be so thoroughly objective on every issue. Lol.

Plenty of times. Rarely on this forum, though, as too many folks have issues comprehending posts -or- making decent arguments. Left wingers always make the following posts:

1. So and so right winger is crazy, therefor lots of other righties are also crazy and thus their ideas are automatically wrong <--- Called Poisoning the Well

2. So and so who agrees with the left wing prevailing opinion said something, so whatever that was is automatically unimpeachable. Called the "Appeal to authority" logical fallacy. That's what rightime did.

3. "Why is the GOP so full of racists?" and other loaded questions.

4. Everyone knows that idea X is popular, therefore idea X is correct <-- The bandwagon fallacy

5. Any of the red herring family, which include straw men (anything that Barack Obama has ever said), two wrongs make a right ("Well, Bush did it, too!"), appeal to emotion ("I just don't understand the mindset of wanting these weapons whose sole purpose is mass murder"),the internet version of appeal to force (this is where 20 PA left wingers pile on a rightie trying to make a point), ad Hominem (virtually every response the Jedi gets, because posters always make him the issue), or the Hitler card (way more popular in the Bush years).

I could go on, but you get the idea. ID and take those arrows out of left wing quivers and they're left twanging their bowstrings, unable to come up with anything to say.
afghan war is a difficult and Chenny and Bush were not strong to fight the war on terrorism. They abdicated eir responsibilities and picked a non-thread because they can win Iraq war. A war that had no strategic are tactical benefits in war on terrorism caused more lives than Sep 11.

?????

That is as close to insane as any post on PA, congrats.

It is one thing to be wrong, it is another the spout the downright silly.
Dick Cheney: Incompetent War Fighter
=================================

Liberals are bored with nothing to talk about. Cheney is evil.
Your shovel would tell you these things, no need to go on line ;)

Bored? No

The question turned to taking a look at Obama the disaster.

The topic had to change immediately.
Advertisement