No. of Recommendations: 0
Did a little research... Salton is the company that does the George Foreman grills and other consumer products. They have the Black & Decker brand. They are like 90% owned by an investment group out of the bahamas, which is funding the purchase. I looked thru the purchase details and am not clear on a lot of it.

Salton was once on the NYSE and is now on the OTC for like $0.21 a share. It scares me that the company about to buy the company I like is mostly all owned by an off shore investment group, that they were on the NYC but are now OTC (isn't that a bad sign?) and mostly that it is only going for $0.21 a share.

Why is a company that sells George Foreman Grills and has the Black & Decker brand only going for 21 cents a share on the OTC ? How can that be? Would the subsidiaries have their own stocks? (I didn't see anything like that on what I read.)

Aren't these all red flags?

Mike
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement