Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: cehlab One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 62  
Subject: Did I miss some news ? Date: 5/3/2007 2:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hope everyone is enjoying the recent upticks.....

AIR has gone up quite a bit this past week. I haven't seen any news that would give it a boost recently so I'm attributing it to either going along with the general market, catching up from what was probbaly an unwarranted sell-off or some combination of both.

Anybody seen anything in the last week or so that might be pushing this up ?

Cheers
Dave
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Robert628496 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 41 of 62
Subject: Re: Did I miss some news ? Date: 5/3/2007 2:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Dave,

I have not seen a shred of news. Apart from the general market going up, I have noticed a slow but steady rise in a number of small-cap defense-related stocks. Of course, there may be some institutional buying propelling the price upward. Have you checked to see if the volume this past week has been higher than normal? That might tell us something.

Robert

Author: cehlab One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 42 of 62
Subject: Re: Did I miss some news ? Date: 5/3/2007 2:57 PM
Thanks Robert....looks like there is nothing out of the ordinary regarding volume....I'll take the nice slow steady ride upward though. Boring is good in this case.....

Author: Robert628496 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 43 of 62
Subject: Re: Did I miss some news ? Date: 5/3/2007 3:09 PM
Dave,

At the end of March, I wrote this short piece on AIR:

http://transport.seekingalpha.com/article/30649

Robert

Author: cehlab One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 44 of 62
Subject: Re: Did I miss some news ? Date: 5/3/2007 3:12 PM
I remember reading that....looks like the market has brought it up to what you calculated as the fair value.....wish we had some news to update that value...

Let us know if you come across anything and if you revise those numbers...

Thanks for the insight,
Dave

Author: aesthesia Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 62
Subject: Re: Did I miss some news ? Date: 9/10/2007 2:44 AM
Robert,

I did some calculating (using various free DCF calculators out on the market), and if we incorporate the stock's potential for volatility and the risk factor, the actual fair DCF value is more around $20-24 depending on discount rates used, and terminal growth rates, etc.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.
Chris

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement