UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kahunacfa Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308519  
Subject: Deleted Message Date: 12/28/2013 2:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 307604 of 308519
Subject: Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date: 12/28/2013 3:57 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 5
For Holiday shopping from mid-Sept to present I used a credit card for ALL my holiday shopping and I received just over $25 in rewards from just Target and American Express Credit cards. That was just for gifts...it doesn't count my everyday shopping which I will charge unless it's under $10. Rewards for the last 13 years from credit cards total over $3,600.00...that's nothing to sneeze at!

I realize credit cards are not for everyone but we pay off credit cards in full every months and in 41 years of marriage have never had a credit card finance charge. If my credit cards were compromised by shopping at Target I won't be charged and I'll get a free year of credit monitoring so I'm not worried.

Utahtea

Author: Windowseat Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 307605 of 308519
Subject: Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date: 12/28/2013 4:18 PM
Recommendations: 3
Did your wife use her cards?

I used credit cards to buy presents (I don't like carrying wads of cash and many stores will not accept out-of-state checks) but they were all paid off before Christmas.

Nancy

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 307610 of 308519
Subject: Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date: 12/28/2013 10:47 PM
I didn't use a check. It is higher risk to have a checkbook stolen than a credit card.

Checks are now electronically processed. Even the local grocery electronically processes check. Watching the check scanner fold spindle and mutilate a check, but successfully process it was interesting.

Author: MetroChick Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 307617 of 308519
Subject: Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date: 12/29/2013 11:27 AM
I was done with 99% of my holiday shopping over Thanksgiving weekend, without stepping foot in stores, as all except a gift for my dog was bought online. I paid with a cc because I think that's safest for online shopping, but pay my bill off in full.

I not only got wider gift selection by buying online than what my local stores, carry - but since parking lots get crazy in general over holidays, and I think they're even worse now with so many distracted drivers getting on their phones before even putting their cars into gear, I didn't risk my 15-year old Mustang from getting hit in a parking lot. My car runs fine, but I know age lowers the value, and I'm afraid a small accident now could cause an insurance company to want to "total" it over repairing it.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 307621 of 308519
Subject: Re: Did not use a CC for Holiday Shopping... Date: 12/29/2013 11:58 AM
Recommendations: 2
My car runs fine, but I know age lowers the value, and I'm afraid a small accident now could cause an insurance company to want to "total" it over repairing it.

Just because a car is totaled doesn't mean that you have to give up the car. You can buy back the car from the insurance company for the residual value, and take the difference in cash.

Older cars are often totaled when the airbag is deployed. An airbag is an expensive enough repair that you probably wouldn't want to keep the car.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement