Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: fyrwrrks Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 371  
Subject: Did something happen? Date: 5/2/2000 4:11 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Did I miss something? Upward movement, yes! This board has been pretty quiet for awhile. Anyone know if something happened?

Also, PeachTree and SBruceD, perhaps this has also changed however I understood the conversion to be:
1 share of ZD for 1 share of ZDnet and
1 share of ZDnet would get the plus % ratio.
fyrwrrks
Print the post Back To Top
Author: PeachtreeDaClown Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 347 of 371
Subject: Re: Did something happen? Date: 5/2/2000 6:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
does the joining of the tracking stock make antother tracking stock or a "regular" stock ?

Thank you for your other answer.

Author: pdcollura One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 348 of 371
Subject: Re: Did something happen? Date: 5/2/2000 8:18 PM
I understand it as the stock will become the "regular" stock of the newly merged company.

Author: SBruceD One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 349 of 371
Subject: Re: Did something happen? Date: 5/2/2000 9:16 PM
Yes, ZDNet,Inc. will have its own "regular" stock.

frywrrks,

Where did you find that stock conversion formula ?

Beats me why both ZD and ZDNet are up today, but
it's fine with me. I haven't seen any news, has
anyone else seen any ?

Author: fyrwrrks Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 350 of 371
Subject: Re: Did something happen? Date: 5/4/2000 1:17 AM
SBruceD,

"frywrrks,

Where did you find that stock conversion formula ?"

I apologize for inexactness but I'm a novice at this... After I got a translation from a friend, the initial information was from my proxy dated Feb 7, page 31 under "The Merger" "...after the merger, each share of ZD stock will remain outstanding as one share of common stock. In order to maintain the relationship between the ZD stock and ZDNet stock, in the merger we will convert each share of ZDNet stock into a number of shares of common stock equal to the reciprocal of the equivalency ratio... and so on..."

I received what I thought was clarification of that in a corrected press release off CNNfn around the time of the meeting on Feb 29 but didn't save it. That correction stated that for simplicity (and I'm sure other tax related reasons) it was easier to go 1 full share ZD to one full share of ZDNet and use the equivalency formula (which at that time was 1:1.77 for the ZDNet to new ZDNet stock.

Perhaps I still didn't interpret properly but that's the last I'm aware of.

fyrwrrks

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement