UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: FoolinGrapeApe Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1960827  
Subject: Re: An inclusive republican platform Date: 11/14/2012 6:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Did you send him a link to something, or tell him to just go search for it? You said "I also said if you want to see the GOP policy papers then do a Google search.". Really? If you want to discuss something, give a link so that you both are on the same page.

It was MY position. I made it quite clear twice that I was speaking my opinion. If he simply wants the GOP parties position, then go to the websites and read it. If he wants to debate those positions, then post them and say what is wrong with them. So yeah, really.

You'd have to be nuts to assume that someone doing such a search would happen upon the same document you are talking about, given that a search would return an enormous number of results. It stinks of a dodge.

Go back and read the thread then and see if that is what happened.

Sorry to lump you in with others, but that is a trend I have experienced from the rabid Fox watchers.

Nigel, I get my news from multiple sources. It might be a conservative source, it might be a liberal source. I use RCP and read many of the articles, even ones from England. I get different data points and then I formulate an opinion. It may or may not be in lockstep with the "conservative" position, but then again I'm a hybrid. I never listen to the hyper partisan talking heads on either side.

When I need to make a decision in my role as a Selectman, I do the same. I'll talk to the people who know the most about it and try to get different data points/opinions. I then formulate my own. That's how I operate.

Grape
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (38) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Managing Your Wealth
Our own TMFHockeypop from Rule Your Retirement fame on the TV show Managing Your Wealth.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Clorox Isn't Cleaning Up
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement