Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: DrtThrwingMonkey Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 20495  
Subject: Re: Poll: Technical Analysis Date: 5/14/2013 2:12 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Didn't you learn anything from our ongoing convo with the technicals on NFLX back in 2011? :)

Either I'm not understanding what you are saying here, or you are not understanding my point. Not sure which is which? Did you read the link discussing TSLA?

Of course, one cannot in advance forecast which bases will breakout or breakdown when or continue to stay in the base. TA is NOT a crystal ball!!!

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. It may not be a crystal ball (I understand those things are infallible), but does it have predictive power? If you really can't tell which ones will break out and which ones will stay in the base, then I'm not getting why this would be useful to do.

As for not learning anything from NFLX, I was very happy to get out of that one with my skin, but I eventually closed my short position with a manageable loss, largely because it seemed crazy betting against a solid company, even if it was overvalued. I can't give much credit to TA for that one. I guess I'm probably a hopeless case.

But I do sense a pattern in your posts: I should have seen this thing, but I'm too busy. OK, say I send you the thing that you were too busy to see, so you get a second chance, but I remove the info about whether it eventually went up or stayed the same for a while or went down. Say I send you a hundred of these things. Are you really saying there would be no way to judge whether you get these right or not? For someone with an engineering background, that seems mysterious.

DTM
Trying to keep an open mind, but the biblical figure I always sympathized with most was Doubting Thomas
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (43) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Kate Spade's Wild Ride
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement