UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: StealthFisher Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 34  
Subject: Different Bull Market!! Date: 10/20/2008 9:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

So Saturday afternoon I'm at B-day party on a farm south of here where a former neighbor from Philly resides. Haven't been there for a year. This time, the girl, Anna, had her parents show up as well as her two brothers. My sister and mother where there too. We are all from the big city, born and raised, so going to a farm is a relatively new enjoyable experience for all of us.

The last time I was there, nearly a year ago, they had a baby "cow" lots of goats, a couple of pigs, four dogs. We simply opened the gate, pressed up next to it so no goats could wiggle out of the pen, then fastened the gate with the bunji cord. Okay, so....why not pay a visit to the goats and cow? There they are, about 40-50 yards away, towards the back of the farm. I go in, squeeze through the gate, start putting the bunji chord on and I hear Anna's brother Jason screaming "John!! The Cow!!!!!" I look at him still with my back toward the animals because you have to do that to close the gate. I stand there, look at him and shrug as if to say "so??? I did this last year". Again he screams "The Cow! get out of there!!!! This time he's joined by two more voices, so I realize he's NOT kidding. I turn arround and this thing is heading in my direction quickly! Hey, wait a minute, this isn't the same cow as last year, this one is 500+ pounds and has small horns sticking out of the top of it. I turn my back to it once again FRANTICALLY trying to untie the bunji cord and get out of there! Meanwhile, from the screams, I am thinking this "cow" closed the gap. I hear "JUMP THE FENCE!!! JUMP THE FENCE!!!!" and I finally undo the bunji and close the gate behind me. It was then I turned and noticed that this "cow" was a LOT bigger than before. I turn back around to the house and Jason says "John! It was CHARGING YOU!!" and in my best inner city tough guy routine I shruged and said: "and what was he gonna do??" we both started laughing.

I reached over the fense to pet it and it licked my hand. Meanwhile, after speaking to Anna's husband, I found out it was the same "cow" only it isn't a cow, it's a castrated BULL!!! It's just over a year old and was raised with goats. Kirk, Anna's hubby opens the gate, walks in and shoves this thing with his foot. They yells "AAAARRRGHHHH!!!" and the bull ran away. He tells me the bull is a big baby. Funny, a while later, people were coming out of the house to see what the commotion was. Anna's father, who is a skinny elderly Asian man, went into the pen, took off his sweater and played "toro" with the bull until it actually starte toward him and he ran out of the gate. Later, after the kids and adults where petting the bull on the safe side of the fence, we all went back into the house...and this thing was mooooing it's disapproval. The whole episode was very funny. After all of that, this bull missed us. I went into the house, to the downstairs area and said to my mom "Mom? I'm glad you missed that episode...you would have been a nervous wreck!"
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (1) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

Economic Implications of Cuba
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement