Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: RecoveringFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 315  
Subject: Different Cover ? Date: 7/10/1999 5:13 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I hate it when a book I've read is reissued in a different form. It's usually one I've read some time ago so I may not remember the title. Currently a number of Nora Roberts' thrillers are being reissued in hardback after originally being issued in paperback. I'm happy to see a new book until I read the flyleaf and realized I've be taken !

Jacki
Print the post Back To Top
Author: lamarsteph Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 56 of 315
Subject: Re: Different Cover ? Date: 7/13/1999 2:50 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
haha I had same problem with Harlequin romances!! Just kidding - it was novels by Craig Thomas. Used to read a book a week -sometimes more, and oftentimes recognize past-read books by their cover. Nothing worse than two copies.

Author: AnnaSaveMe Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 314 of 315
Subject: Re: Different Cover ? Date: 9/19/2005 6:23 PM
If it's a book that was eventually made into a movie, all of the newer editions have a picture of the actor/actress on the cover, or something akin to the movie poster. I like going to old bookstores and finding old editions that have original art on the jacket that has nothing to do with the still-to-be-made film, and usually has a context that was more of the original intent of the author and not of some movie studio. These older editions also have valuable snob-appeal.

ASM

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement