No. of Recommendations: 3
Different people use Quicken for different things - Maybe collecting data for deductions is enough to justify some folks purchase. Having been audited by the IRS and forced to produce receipts for all deductible expenses, I find having a total for my CPA not so persuasive.

I use Quicken to keep track of where we spend our money. More than once we have decided to reduce our spending - the most recent shortly after our last pay check - which happened to be in May 2008. It also was very useful as we approached 2008 - we knew the amount we spent on say Dry-cleaning which would largely end without daily office trips. Armed with our past spending, we did not have to play the game of will retirement cost 80% or 90% or 67% of our work expenditures.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement