UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: foolax Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 66102  
Subject: Different Spreasheets Date: 1/30/2000 11:35 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 23
Hello everybody, and thanks to TMF Cheeze for starting the board.

Very simple. As probably many others on the board, I have been a Mac user and fan for a dozen years. I always have been able to do my computer work and hobbies ( and I am designing currently Interactive Multimedia for the WWW using the Macromedia and Adobe products) using Mac only.

Although I am 'PC fluent', plus some linux, I have never felt the need to have even an equal PC regular station along with my Mac.

Now, I would love, as a huge fool fan and Rule Maker investor, to be able to use the Rule Maker and workshop screens spreadsheets. BUT TMF MAKES THEM ONLY AVAILABLE IN EXCEL COMPRESSED WIN FILES.

I find this a lot of contradiction on the verge of hypocrisis since TMF has been singing the praises of Jobs and AAPL for the last 18 months. We Apple people, who, yes, do not have a PC at home, would like to get these spreadsheets in Claris/Appleworks, and encoded for mac, please, and yes, the fact that we do not have PCs does not mean we can't read a financial statement.

I thought first about sending this request to RM TMF's technical people. But I believe that if enough persons recommend this post, this would bring the matter to TMF attention more efficiently and promptly.

Thanks a bunch

foolax
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement