UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: saintcrash Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 12880  
Subject: Digital Fools- SoCal Date: 7/20/1999 2:59 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I'm in visual FX in Venice,CA, and just
want to say hi since I just got into Fooldom
about a month ago. Looking for advice and
words of Fooldom from anybody else who has
travelled the road less travelled.

-John Courte
saintcrash
Print the post Back To Top
Author: FinanceRob One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1479 of 12880
Subject: Re: Digital Fools- SoCal Date: 7/20/1999 10:20 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi there John:

I am not sure if this is the place for "advice and words of Fooldom", as you stated you are looking for, but please join us at our next event. I am sure we would love to meet you.

Robert

Author: laopera Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1481 of 12880
Subject: Re: Digital Fools- SoCal Date: 7/20/1999 1:20 PM

I'm in visual FX in Venice,CA...Looking for advice and words of Fooldom from anybody else who has travelled the road less travelled.

There are a couple of boards for you vidiots. There's a board for Pixar, and a very popular one for 3DFX, but I think the people who populate the latter are GenX yahoos whose only theme is, "Higher, man, higher!" which we're all just dying to know. I think our hall monitor (aka TMFCheeze) used to follow 3DFX.

But you will find the best advice in Fooldom offered right here on this board. Buys today: Coachman (COA), the mobile home manufacturer. Drinks today: Double Absolut-Currant-on-the-Rocks with a lime, a beautiful refreshing mid-July drink. Bar today, Canal Club, formerly Rebecca's, right there in Venice. See you there around 7. My car has recently been totalled, I may need to take a bus, so allow a few extra minutes.

laopera

Author: saintcrash Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1482 of 12880
Subject: Re: Digital Fools- SoCal Date: 7/20/1999 1:34 PM
I haven't been to Canal Club since the changeover
from Rebeccas, but I hear the Margaritas are still
of the old school.

I'll check out COA right now. Thanks for the
advice!

Author: TMFCheeze Big gold star, 5000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 1483 of 12880
Subject: Re: Digital Fools- SoCal Date: 7/20/1999 2:07 PM
<<<
I think our hall monitor (aka TMFCheeze) used to follow 3DFX.
>>>

No, he did not. Have you ever looked at the TDFX board? It's like these people are speaking Martian or something. The people who post there are the sorts that can take apart a CPU blindfolded and put it back together, in a foxhole, at night, in the rain, under heavy fire. I haven't a clue what they're talking about about, and don't pretend to.

I may have posted on the TDFX board a couple of times, but you should attribute that to my routine hall monitor duties. Do not, repeat, do not take any opinion I might offer on TDFX as anything more than my usual ignorant dithering.

I happened to be in a video arcade one day last week, killing time before a movie ("Eyes Wide Shut." As Kubrick films go, it's no Spartacus, but hey, go see it anyway, if only because Adam Sandler isn't in it.) Anyway, I was looking at one game in particular... 75¢ per play... race boat theme... very realistic images... and a stunning 3Dfx logo just sort of hanging there on the screen. Oh, so THAT'S what a TDFX game looks like, said I. While I was standing there, some post-GenX troglodyte pointed at it and said to his friend, "This is the coolest game..." The arcade was packed for the few minutes I was there, but nobody ventured to play the race boat game. Maybe that says a lot about the performance of the stock right there: The Game So Cool Nobody Would Play It.

Me, I dropped my quarter in the Gallaga slot... this game has a copyright date of -- get this -- 1981. It seems to be, with Ms. PacMan, one of the only two Cheeze-era games still current in the arcades...

Cheeze
aka TMF Vidiot

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement