Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Wow, am I actually the first person to post in this forum? Cool.

You may have come here because DGIN was up 33% today. Of course, EVERYBODY was up today. What a week it was! But I'd like to share a few thoughts on what I know about DGIN:

-Even though they just went public Oct 1, I've been looking at this company for several months. I learned about them because my credit union, Community Credit Union, based in Plano, TX is one of their customers. In fact, according to news releases on the company web site, their FIRST customer. as of the IPO filing they now have 370.

I really find their web-based banking solution to be extremely useful. What really sets their product apart from others is that it is real-time based, not batched over to the bank from a data center every night at midnight. This is a big advantage over every other online banking system I've seen.

A few things I've learned about DGIN so far from reading the prospectus:

-Their market is community banks and credit unions w/ less than 10 billion in assets. They appear to be well positioned to serve this market, and there is staggering potential, as there are about 22,000 establishements that would qualify as customers.

-Growing like crazy.

-Smart management. John Dorman, the CEO has a background with Oracle, as former head of their worldwide financial services division. Several other smart folks onbard, with strong backgrounds in banking services, credit unions, etc. Also, their VC funding is a who's who of VC-dom, including the mighty Menlo Park Ventures. The smart money is already in on this one.

So far they appear to be a definite Rule Breaker candidate. I'm going to continue to research them and see what else I can learn.

Look forward to any other info.

Jadee

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement