Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am doing some last minute tax planning for 2010 and just noticed a Closed End Fund I own in a taxable account declared a special dividend I was not expecting. It is payable Jan. 7,2011 to shareholders of record on Dec. 31,2010 with an ex-dividend date of 12/29/10. Will this dividend be reported for any taxable income or capital gains for the tax year 2010 or 2011?

Thanks for the great help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.