No. of Recommendations: 0
After receiving numerous (unsolicited!) "You're Already Pre-Approved Aint that Grand?!!" credit card offers, I finally struck back. It cost me $45, but that bought me a first class upgrade on any Alaska Airlines published fare. Diners' Club offered 10000 miles on airlines of your choice after you had an account w/them for 3 months and after you paid $45 annual fee. I got their card (pre-approved of course), sent them a $45 check. When I verified that I had the 10k miles in my AlaskaAir account, I cancelled the Diners' Club.

Flying first class is well worth $45.
Print the post Back To Top
<<<Diners' Club offered 10000 miles on airlines of your choice after you had an account w/them for 3 months and after you paid $45 annual fee.>>>

YIKES! Hey Diners' Club! Send me one of 'dem offers!! Please!

Tony
...but I still am...

Off2Aruba
<<<<<Diners' Club offered 10000 miles on airlines of your choice after you had an account w/them for 3 months and after you paid $45 annual fee.>>>

YIKES! Hey Diners' Club! Send me one of 'dem offers!! Please!>>

Me too, please. I haven't been able to give Diners Club a good screwin' for a few years now. I kinda miss 'em. But 10k miles for $45 is really too good to pass up. I guess that I didn't realize that the card companies were that hard up. I generally get 3-4 "preapproved" solicitations in the mail PER WEEK. I guess I'll have to open them now just to see who has upped the ante.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

TMF Taxes
Roy Lewis
<<Flying first class is well worth $45.>>

You betcha! Heck, I can drink/eat $45 worth of beer and peanuts before the fasten your seatbelt light goes off!

Jim Stevens
Advertisement