UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: rgc44 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75530  
Subject: Direct Investing In an IRA Date: 2/23/2000 9:44 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
How do I do Direct Investing through an IRA?

I want to invest $100 a Month in Cisco and Intel...I can do this Directly with them for NO Commission Fees. But how do I mark this money as part of my Roth IRA, since IRA's need a Custodian...and direct investing means no custodian?

Thanks,

Ron

Print the post Back To Top
Author: DoktorDi Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19447 of 75530
Subject: Re: Direct Investing In an IRA Date: 2/24/2000 7:06 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
<<I want to invest $100 a Month in Cisco and Intel.>>

INTC has a small dividend (12 cents/share) but CSCO has no dividend, therefore no DRIP. Your brokerage will automatically reinvest your earned dividends, although some brokerages require a minimum amount in your accounts to do that.

Author: rgc44 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19482 of 75530
Subject: Re: Direct Investing In an IRA Date: 2/25/2000 3:15 AM
Thanks for the reply...but Im not talking about DRIPs...Im asking about Share Building with the Cisco. I don't have $2000 dollars today to invest, yet I want to invest today. So I want to buy $100 of CSCO stock Montly...so each month I essentially buy almost 1 share of stock (like 90% of a share). But a Brokarage firm won't allow factional shares...yet if I Buy DIRECT from CSCO I can buy fractional shares.

So how do I do Share Building directly with Cisco and at the same time have this money counted toward my IRA? It is as though I need to have Cisco as the custodian for my IRA.

Thanks,

Ron

Author: ShyCougar Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 19518 of 75530
Subject: Re: Direct Investing In an IRA Date: 2/26/2000 11:26 AM
How do I do Direct Investing through an IRA?

I want to invest $100 a Month in Cisco and Intel...I can do this Directly with them for NO Commission Fees. But how do I mark this money as part of my Roth IRA, since IRA's need a Custodian...and direct investing means no custodian?

As I understand it, some Direct Stock Plans (DSP) allow you to set up an IRA within their plan. They would be the custodian of that particular IRA. I went to netstock.com and inquired on Intel and Cisco. They didn't have a listing for Cisco, but the Intel listing did not indicate that they had an IRA option. You should check with both Intel and Cisco; either one or both may offer the IRA option.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement