Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: TMFElwood Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 7  
Subject: Direct Purchase Plan Date: 8/17/1998 10:29 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Quanex Corporation today unveiled its open-enrollment stock purchase program. This direct stock purchase and dividend reinvestment (DSP) plan goes into effect immediately, replacing Quanex's dividend reinvestment plan (DRIP).

The DSP Plan will allow investors to make automatic cash investments, direct deposit of dividends, and certificate safekeeping -- all at no charge.

A thorough description of the new plan, with a list of other benefits, investment options, fees and an enrollment form, is available from the company's transfer agent, American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, 40 Wall Street, 46th Floor, New York, NY 10005; (800)278-4353.

Fool on!

Vince

Print the post Back To Top
Author: horse Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 3 of 7
Subject: Re: Direct Purchase Plan Date: 10/4/1998 6:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
What happened that day when this stock went down
4 or so points and had a trading stop. Does anyone
know or care!

Author: CHOP Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 4 of 7
Subject: Re: Direct Purchase Plan Date: 10/14/1998 12:13 PM
Horse, I'm not sure what happend on October 4, 1998 and I also would like to find out. But what I do
do realize is that the stock has really dropped in the
past couple of weeks.

There seems to be a lot of activity with the company
and what they are planning for the future. Quanex
just approved a 52 million dollar expansion program
for it's MACSTEEL GROUP. Plus, they just purchased
Decatur Aluminum in Alabama to help expnad into
the south. The last thing I want to mention is the
closing of Piper Impact plant in Park City, Utah. They
are trying to streamline the company to make it more
competitive in the airbag market. By closing this
plant, they'll eliminate 150 jobs in Park City.

I feel that this is a very solid company and they are
headed in the right direction. I would just like to see
the stock head the same way!

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement