UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 886198  
Subject: Disappointed in Restaurant Bonus Card Date: 12/4/2012 10:40 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
I haven't lost anything, but if I had read the restrictions on use I would not have bothered to buy gift cards. The offer was two $5 bonus cards for a $50 gift card purchase. Since we meet friends at a restaurant a couple of times a month, I thought it would be a good deal.

The problem is that the bonus cards can't be used with any other discount or coupons. Regular coupons are normally worth more than $5.
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Watty56 Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869289 of 886198
Subject: Re: Disappointed in Restaurant Bonus Card Date: 12/4/2012 10:49 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
You can go there after a movie or something and just get a dessert and coffee.

If you go at a non-peak time then there will be plenty of empty tables so they should be glad to get any extra business.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 869301 of 886198
Subject: Re: Disappointed in Restaurant Bonus Card Date: 12/5/2012 11:32 AM
You can go there after a movie or something and just get a dessert and coffee.

If you go at a non-peak time then there will be plenty of empty tables so they should be glad to get any extra business.

The bonus cards are $5 each. A card would mostly cover one desert. I didn't pay for the bonus cards, if I cann't use them I haven't lost anything. It is a lesson to read the fine print.

Since we always arrange to be seated in the same servers area, I will ask if there is anyway to use the card. Maybe we can order an appetizer or desert on a separate check. Since we are regulars and tip consistenly well, it may be possible to work something out.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement