No. of Recommendations: 0
Disclaimer: Not a tax expert, just a pretender.

Does this mean I would have to open a new account, or would I just keep contributing to her existing Roth?

Keep using her old Roth.

Additional paperwork invovled with this, or can I just start contributing?

Just pay.

For quintessential answers to tax questions, try the Tax Strategies Board.


Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.