UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: kmart00 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308394  
Subject: Discover card promos Date: 3/12/2014 4:55 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi everyone

Discover is having a couple decent promos

The first is almost too good to be true...

0% apr on all purchases thru 2/28/15. The 0% rate expires on 3/1/15.
This is crazy to me, but they confirmed it on the phone (you have to register)... No fees at all. I am considering making a major purchase and paying it off in feb '15.. 0% is a good deal (just have to be disciplined)

Has anyone else heard of this? I want to make triple sure its legit

The other deal is pretty solid as well. Spend $3k/month on the card now thru august, get $500 additional cashback bonus.

I pay all my bills with my other CC, to get the points. This (while being a pain to switch the cards everywhere) seems like a good offer
Print the post Back To Top
Author: NoIDAtAll Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 308036 of 308394
Subject: Re: Discover card promos Date: 3/12/2014 8:41 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Has anyone else heard of this?

Sure. If you don't pay the balance lent in full by the end of the promo period, the percentage charged is quite high - That's when/how they make their money.

Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 308037 of 308394
Subject: Re: Discover card promos Date: 3/13/2014 11:51 AM
These maybe targeted offers. I didn't receive either. Having just run over 15K in charges through my Discover, I would have been annoyed if I hadn't signed up for them and they were available.

Author: LLRinCO Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 308041 of 308394
Subject: Re: Discover card promos Date: 3/13/2014 10:45 PM
I have used their 0% cash advance offer for a couple of years now. Just paid it off today in fact, no interest paid.

Author: kmart00 One star, 50 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 308045 of 308394
Subject: Re: Discover card promos Date: 3/15/2014 12:13 PM
the interest rate switched back to the normal rate for the CC

Unlike other promos Ive seen with 0%, they dont charge you the interest on the entire charge if it isnt paid in full at the end of the promo period.

That doesnt matter much to me, as I will pay it off before the end, but good to know.

Author: Barry122 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 308061 of 308394
Subject: Re: Discover card promos Date: 3/29/2014 5:49 AM
If you know that you are not going to go crazy with expenses I would wager that this is actually an incredible deal. I would love to receive something like this myself – unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky ones. I would just make the date on my calendar and then some ?

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (6) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement