UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: criscarson Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 308858  
Subject: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 11:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 6
Called DCard this morning-with me @16.82 APR. Asked if I could have a lower rate-before I had been offered a 14.82 APR. CSR said, "how does 13.99% sound? I said, OK, what about a BT APR? He said, "WEll, our rate is 9.9% for 8 months." "You dont have anything like 0% fixed?' Tap, tap, tap....."Well, if you have a purchase every month, I have 5.9% fixed.' I have a fixed purchase for9$ every month-thats my 1 purchase that qualifies! (G) Requested the 5.9 and 13.99 agreement in writing. Should get here in couple of days.

This morning-sent 1K to Dcard. Brings me down to 2K total, eith a 5500$ limit. Agonizing over whether to BT yet, or let me pay off the 13.99 purchase rate and start over...
I'm stressing on this!(G)

-criscarson-
Print the post Back To Top
Author: 96hokies Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168260 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 11:49 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
BT are best used on empty cards because of the way the payments are applied... highest rate balance first. If you can continue to send $1k, I'd wait the two months until it's at $0 before BT.

96hokies

Author: JBtheJunkist Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168261 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 11:52 AM
Recommendations: 6
:) I hate Discover. But, when I sent them my final payment and closed my account, they sent me a "Discover" tee shirt.

I promptly placed a huge "X" with a black magic marker across the credit card on the tee shirt along with the words, "I've "discovered" debt freedom!"

I wear it proudly.

JB

Author: AcmeFool Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168262 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 11:52 AM
Recommendations: 1
BT are best used on empty cards because of the way the payments are applied... highest rate balance first. If you can continue to send $1k, I'd wait the two months until it's at $0 before BT.

I think you stated this wrong...payments are typically applied to the *lowest* rate balances first. So if you have $1000 at 5.9% and $1000 at 13.9% and you send a check for $500, the full $500 will reduce the balance being charged 5.9%...your 13.9% balance will continue to grow until you have fully paid off the lower rate balance...

ACME

Author: 96hokies Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168264 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 11:55 AM
ACME, You're absolutely correct, my mistake. Type faster than my mind thinks.

96hokies

Author: Evelynk Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168289 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/20/2003 5:15 PM
After 10 years with Discover, I finally called to close my account. They hung up on me!

Author: chrisdotcom One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168350 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/21/2003 9:48 PM
I just APPLIED for a Discover and received 0% BT until July 2004 with a $6,000 credit limit.

Author: MPStockdale Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 168515 of 308858
Subject: Re: Discover Happ(ier) Dance! Date: 8/24/2003 11:45 PM
You're right. Balances with the lowest interest are almost always paid down first.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement