UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: willyc2 Motley Fool One Everlasting Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 213  
Subject: Display format for Apple iPhone Date: 1/13/2012 9:25 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Customer Service:

I sent you a separate inquiry, but I wanted to post this to see if others are seeing the same thing I am seeing when I try to view "Home Pages" from various Motley Fool services.

Recently, I have noted that when I view a webpage from my iPhone 4, iOS 5.1, with Safari browser, I see a single tab in the upper left corner entitled "Sections" with a drop-down arrow.

To be clear, I am viewing this in "Desktop" mode and not "Mobile." I also have my phone oriented to landscape perspective. If I click on "Recommendations" as a section, I get the "Portfolio" tab. However, I can only see three columns of the open positions. The "What To Do," "Company," and "Buy Around". Anything further to the right is not displayed and is cut off. If I try to re-size by pinching, it doesn't do anything and just shows what was displayed before and a grey bar on the right. I cannot drag to get the rest in view either.

If anyone else sees this, I would like to know, so I can verify it isn't just my browser. It seems to me that it is a coding issue with the way the HTML is being interpreted by my browser. If anyone else has thoughts, I'd be glad to hear it.

Respectfully,
Willyc2
Print the post Back To Top
Author: pauleckler Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 205 of 213
Subject: Re: Display format for Apple iPhone Date: 1/13/2012 3:28 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
This board does not get much traffic. For better response may I suggest--

Help with this Stupid Computer board especially for PC assistance--

http://boards.fool.com/5-reasons-not-to-use-your-isp8217s-em...

or

Improve the Fool board for concerns about the discussion boards

http://boards.fool.com/awful-leading-change-29777790.aspx

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 206 of 213
Subject: Re: Display format for Apple iPhone Date: 1/26/2012 4:04 PM
Recommendations: 0
when I view a webpage from my iPhone 4, iOS 5.1

Apple has not yet released iOS 5.1. How did you get it?

The Fool website renders properly on my iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1.

For iPhone specific help, you might try posting on the iOS board: http://boards.fool.com/ios-help-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-11973...

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement