Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: knighttof3 Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 13987  
Subject: Disturbing spaces Date: 10/24/2012 8:24 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
There are some words and website names that, when you leave spaces out of them or insert spaces in them, can make you cringe until you parse them right. Examples:

therapist, not the rapist
childrenslit.com = children's lit, not children slit

Any others?
Print the post Back To Top
Author: culcha Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 12702 of 13987
Subject: Re: Disturbing spaces Date: 10/24/2012 9:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
Here's a list from a link that was previously posted on this board:

1. Are you a celebrity or want to be one? Maybe you need an agent, lawyer, manager or publicist! Should you check out Who Represents to help you find an agent? Their website is at www.whorepresents.com!

2. Experts Exchange is a resource and destination for programmers who are looking to swap tech information and generate helpful discussion. Unfortunately, www.expertsexchange.com no longer exists!

3. Are you shopping for a pen? Well then stop by Pen Island for some cool products. Hmmm…. where is that again? It’s at www.penisland.net. Wait, uh, this site is now defunct. Oh well.

4. Do you need to see a therapist? Did you know you can find one online? Then check out Therapist Finder at www.therapistfinder.com.

5. And what about the Italian Power Generator company called www.powergenitalia.com? These days, an unexciting “under construction” page is up.

6. Then there’s the Mole Station Native Nursery that’s located in New South Wales. www.molestationnursery.com is a redirect now.

7. If you want to shop for computer software, you can visit www.ipanywhere.com. Get it?!

8. And what about First Cumming Methodist Church for the faithful. You’ll find them at www.cummingfirst.com.

9. There’s a site by art designers that has the interesting name: www.speedofart.com.

10. I love Lake Tahoe! So to do some research on this awesome vacation locale, I should check out the aptly named website: www.gotahoe.com.

I picked up that rather funny list from various sources including IndependentSources.com.

As I was on a roll, here are more word derivations that I came across and checked out!

11. Another art site, but this can’t be anything but deliberate! Here it is: www.scentofart.com.

12. You can find some therapist help over at www.therapisthelp.com.

13. So I found an alternative to the defunct www.penisland.net. But it’s a t-shirt company definitely capitalizing on the notoriety of the original site. They are hawking pens and t-shirts, but so far only shirts are available. I wonder why. www.thepenisland.com

http://www.thedigeratilife.com/blog/index.php/2006/11/03/13-...

culcha

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement