UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: Jordrok Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool CAPS All Star Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 73  
Subject: Ditching the land line? Date: 9/12/2007 10:22 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Hi all,

My girlfriend and I both have a cell phone and we were wondering if there was any point in keeping the land line.

So I'm looking for comments from people who went that way. Is it going well? Did you face unexpected situations that made you regret your decision?

I'm trying to think of situations where not having the land line would be a problem. I couldn't think of anything yet but maybe I'm missing something.

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: greystarfish Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 52 of 73
Subject: Re: Ditching the land line? Date: 3/12/2010 9:23 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
I went to Verizon Wireless in late November of 2009. I transferred my home phone number, to my cell phone number. The transfer from a land line to a cell phone, took four days. I ditched my land line on December 3, 2009. So far, I have had no problems or regrets.

Earlier this year, Verizon offered their unlimited calling, nationwide plan, for $69.99 a month. I switched to it, at no additional cost or charges, for switching plans.

Teresa

Author: bigcaat Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 53 of 73
Subject: Re: Ditching the land line? Date: 4/20/2010 12:26 AM
Recommendations: 1
I don't think I'll ever give up my land line. I'd love to save the $25/month, but I just feel like cell phones are too unreliable in a dire emergency. It's like $25 insurance to me. Besides, I use Google Voice and I use the landline to make all my free long distance calls. ;)

Love the idea of giving it up, though. :)

Caat

Author: ZXT Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 54 of 73
Subject: Re: Ditching the land line? Date: 6/16/2010 1:55 AM
Mobile phones are very reliable, just make sure there's enough battery every time. I never had any issue with my mobile phone especially if I'm home.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (4) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement