Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: P71 Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 46960  
Subject: Div boost Date: 1/31/2013 12:02 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Looks like we're gonna use the TNT money to buy back stock...how about a dividend boost as well?

Go UPS!
P71
Print the post Back To Top
Author: paralwaysgood Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46316 of 46960
Subject: Re: Div boost Date: 1/31/2013 1:10 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I hope they don't buy back a bunch of shares at $80 a share, when I think they'll be able to buy them in the low 70s, even lower, later this year. Remember the last time they announced a major buyback, they paid a rather high average price on those shares.

It's the time of season to speculate on the dividend. We had great increases the last two years, and this year was a solid but unspectacular year financially. I'm not counting on any increase, but I'll predict they bump it to 60 cents per share per quarter.

Author: UPSlurker44 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46317 of 46960
Subject: Re: Div boost Date: 2/5/2013 11:35 AM
Recommendations: 0
I agree with 60 cents; if we get a dividend "boost" it won't be more than 62 cents per share.

Author: jchrist983 Two stars, 250 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46318 of 46960
Subject: Re: Div boost Date: 2/9/2013 10:25 AM
Recommendations: 1
My...oh my.. how the partnership (oh I guess there is none anymore) has changed.....:-((

Not that dividends were not important in the past,..... we always, over the years, had a annual growth in stock value of about 14% plus decent dividends.

It now appears to me that "my old partners", who left the company over the years and did not diversify, get all excited about a slight rise in our dividends... ??

For sure not that this is negative.... Just a little different!

Like I said... "How the times have changed" !!

Do you remember how our phones would light up after each Board Meeting... everyone excited and talking about our successes and how our stake in the "Partnership" was growing?

These were indeed "Heady Times".....

Oh well!!

John C.

Author: quincylaker One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 46319 of 46960
Subject: Re: Div boost Date: 2/9/2013 3:05 PM
Recommendations: 4
JC, I'm 14 months from retirement. Your right, there is no feeling of partnership at board meetings. However this past one is of special interest as it now declares percentage of your salary you recieve in stock. % = .76. That didn't exactly send troops out for celebration. Remember now, half of those go to restricted stock units actually earned in whole over the next 5 years. Most supervisors saw 2 weeks wage, manager maybe 4 weeks. Not near the same excitement as yesterdays past. This RSU system almost makes it meaningless. It is so watered down and complicated to follow that it's weak at best as a motifying factor. I don't see it lasting much longer. Not sure what will take it's place. Pension system has been out for new management some time ago. The more I type, the less partnership describes the future.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement