Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: PTdave Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 121592  
Subject: dividend reinvestment Date: 4/5/2003 8:31 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I might have been recieving dividends for the past 2 years and have not reported or paid gains taxes on them. The amount is under $100. How do I fix this error???
Print the post Back To Top
Author: vkg Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 64883 of 121592
Subject: Re: dividend reinvestment Date: 4/5/2003 9:21 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
You have two options:
1) File amended returns
2) Wait for a letter from the IRS and state then then pay the additional taxes due.

The IRS routinely matches W-2s and 1099s to tax returns. It is not unusual for small mistakes to occur. A routine letter is generated for the additional taxes due. The amount is so small that any additional interest is probably not worth the effort to file amended routines.

Debra

Print the post Back To Top
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (2) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement