UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: iceman00 Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75383  
Subject: Dividend stocks in an IRA Date: 12/26/2001 3:46 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
With the market down, I have been thinking about adding some good dividend paying companies to my portfolio. However, I do not want to pay the taxes on those dividends. My question is, if I buy those dividend stocks in an IRA(Roth)will I have to pay taxes on them? Thanks for your help.

Evan
Print the post Back To Top
Author: Charlie48K Big red star, 1000 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32921 of 75383
Subject: Re: Dividend stocks in an IRA Date: 12/26/2001 4:08 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
No, there are no income taxes of any kind on any income in an IRA until you withdraw the funds.

Author: lambent1 One star, 50 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 32922 of 75383
Subject: Re: Dividend stocks in an IRA Date: 12/26/2001 5:48 PM
Recommendations: 1
And, to cut down on your transaction costs, maybe even consider buying the shares directly through the company in a no-fee drip plan. Just a thought.

lambent1

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement