No. of Recommendations: 0
I am finally free of 185 lbs of dead weight and find myself with a simple IRA that I think needs to move over to a Roth. I've had an IRA for 3 years and have already made my contribution for 2000. Filing married/separate precluded my rolling over before now. I'm in the military and my AGI is $30,000 or less (depending upon which hostile, tax-free area I'm sent to for deployments). What is the best way to do this? Additionally, I'm interested in investing using the "Foolish four." Can I use my current bank's IRA services or find another when I begin investing? Can I roll over a simple from one institution to another institution's Roth?
Print the post  


The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.