UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: JohnMMM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 4810  
Subject: DL paid app again? Date: 10/5/2012 5:59 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Words with Friends apparently became corrupted and stopped working. DW deleted it from her iP4S, thinking she/we could replace it from the App Store.

But in Purchased window of iTunes App Store, it merely lists that app as 'Downloaded' in gray.

Hence we can't DL again.

Further, if we try to select that app in the apps list and then sync in iTunes we get the message the file is missing.

Now what?

J
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TroySR71 Three stars, 500 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2831 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/5/2012 7:01 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 1
Click on the downloaded button next to the app when you pull it up in iTunes. It will ask you if you want to download again. Don't worry, you won't be charged again. You can do this as often as you like. iTunes is just reminding you that you have already purchased the app.

Troy

Author: JohnMMM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2833 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/5/2012 7:44 PM
Click on the downloaded button next to the app when you pull it up in iTunes. It will ask you if you want to download again. Don't worry, you won't be charged again. You can do this as often as you like. iTunes is just reminding you that you have already purchased the app.

Thanks, but when I do that nothing happens.

I've since thought maybe it would help to be signed it. So I tried to download a free app as a test. Then I get this message:

There was a problem downloading ________. A file was specified rather than a folder. Please check that the connection to the network is active and try again.

Of course I had network access. How else could I access the App Store?

I wonder if iTunes Store has diarrhea or something.

J

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2836 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/5/2012 11:11 PM
John one other thing you may not have done.

Fire up iTunes
Select Apps in the sidebar
Make sure you have deleted and sent to the Trash the App in question.
Sync your iOS device.

I would reboot my iOS device and quit iTunes.

Open iTunes, go to the iTunes Store in the sidebar and check again for downloading. This process will give you a new copy from the MAS of the App in question.

Another approach is to Restore your iOS device. Since Apple knows what you have purchased, Restore will give you a new copy - but that is a PITA, will require you re-enter your Wi-Fi password and may give you some work in some apps -- depends on your specific apps.

Gordon
Atlanta

Author: JohnMMM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2837 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/6/2012 12:18 AM
I would reboot my iOS device and quit iTunes.

Open iTunes, go to the iTunes Store in the sidebar and check again for downloading. This process will give you a new copy from the MAS of the App in question.

I assume you mean the iOS App Store, not the Mac App Store.

But I signed onto my iTunes account, followed the above steps [again] without effect.

Still puzzled.

J

Author: TwoCybers Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2838 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/6/2012 8:31 AM
I am sorry John

Gordon

Author: stevenjklein Big funky green star, 20000 posts Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2868 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/11/2012 11:33 PM
Instead of trying to download it in iTunes, why not try downloading it directly on the iPhone?

Author: JohnMMM Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 2869 of 4810
Subject: Re: DL paid app again? Date: 10/12/2012 1:08 AM
Instead of trying to download it in iTunes, why not try downloading it directly on the iPhone?

Thanks. Good response. I actually thought of doing that myself today, and it worked fine.

J

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (8) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement