Jim, Had a chance to review today's DNDN sales news? Is this a buying opportunity or a falling knife? Ready to buy if your thesis is still intact.Bikerliz
Hi Bikerliz,Unfortunately, not. Caught up in Stock Advisor work at the moment, with 3 more companies to cover today. I'll try to look at it sometime today, though.Cheers,Jim
Hi everyone,OK, after glancing through the earnings release and reading a couple of articles, this is my high-level, preliminary reaction.The company seems to be moving in the right direction. Numbers of patients who've completed or are enrolled in treatment is up, awareness of Q-code is way up, reimbursement time is way down and is possibly at an acceptable level now. If I read things accurately, the company beat on an adjusted basis both for earnings and revenue. Analysts and those holding the stock seemed to have wanted better or more enthusiastic guidance or more enthusiastic results.I'm guessing that people wanted the company to return to its bullish days of just a few months ago, before the reality of poor marketing hit. It takes longer than just a quarter to do that, however.Overall I like the results, but am not wildly enthusiastic about them. I believe the thesis (of management turning around disappointing first attempts) is intact. I am entirely content to hold the position in the MUE port where it is. I still view this as a relatively risky company and am not looking to add to the position even with the 20% drop or wherever it's trading at right now.I'll post more thorough analysis tomorrow or over the weekend after I have a chance to read the conference call transcript.Cheers,Jim
So you would not recommend purchasing even to bring it up to 2% of portfolio? ThanksBikerliz
So you would not recommend purchasing even to bring it up to 2% of portfolio?Hi Bikerliz,I think you misread what I wrote or I'm misunderstanding your question. It currently sits at 2% of the MUE port. In fact, I recently purchased shares to bring it up to that level (based on the new, larger base of cash for this year). http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/10/13/its-not-too...Cheers,Jim
Thanks Jim--I guess we were speaking about different things. You apparently will not purchase more because you are already at 2% of portfolio. I have yet to reach a 2% allocation to Dendreon in my portfolio. What I'm gathering is that while you will not add to your allocation, this may be a good opportunity to bring my allocation up to 2%. Am I reading this correctly?ThankBikerliz
What I'm gathering is that while you will not add to your allocation, this may be a good opportunity to bring my allocation up to 2%. Am I reading this correctly?Hi Bikerliz,I hope the post I just made regarding Q3 results (after I had a chance of reading the release more thoroughly along with the conference call) answers your questions. http://boards.fool.com/dndn-q3-2011-29652645.aspxCheers,Jim
Best Of |
Favorites & Replies |
Start a New Board |
My Fool |
BATS data provided in real-time. NYSE, NASDAQ and NYSEMKT data delayed 15 minutes.
Real-Time prices provided by BATS. Market data provided by Interactive Data.
Company fundamental data provided by Morningstar<