UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bikerliz1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1172  
Subject: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 11:24 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Jim, Had a chance to review today's DNDN sales news? Is this a buying opportunity or a falling knife? Ready to buy if your thesis is still intact.

Bikerliz
Print the post Back To Top
Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 576 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 11:26 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Hi Bikerliz,

Unfortunately, not. Caught up in Stock Advisor work at the moment, with 3 more companies to cover today. I'll try to look at it sometime today, though.

Cheers,
Jim

Author: TMFGebinr Big gold star, 5000 posts Top Recommended Fools Old School Fool Supernova Phoenix 1
Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 577 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 11:44 AM
Recommendations: 1
Hi everyone,

OK, after glancing through the earnings release and reading a couple of articles, this is my high-level, preliminary reaction.

The company seems to be moving in the right direction. Numbers of patients who've completed or are enrolled in treatment is up, awareness of Q-code is way up, reimbursement time is way down and is possibly at an acceptable level now. If I read things accurately, the company beat on an adjusted basis both for earnings and revenue. Analysts and those holding the stock seemed to have wanted better or more enthusiastic guidance or more enthusiastic results.

I'm guessing that people wanted the company to return to its bullish days of just a few months ago, before the reality of poor marketing hit. It takes longer than just a quarter to do that, however.

Overall I like the results, but am not wildly enthusiastic about them. I believe the thesis (of management turning around disappointing first attempts) is intact. I am entirely content to hold the position in the MUE port where it is. I still view this as a relatively risky company and am not looking to add to the position even with the 20% drop or wherever it's trading at right now.

I'll post more thorough analysis tomorrow or over the weekend after I have a chance to read the conference call transcript.

Cheers,
Jim

Author: bikerliz1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 578 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 2:47 PM
So you would not recommend purchasing even to bring it up to 2% of portfolio? Thanks

Bikerliz

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 579 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 3:23 PM
So you would not recommend purchasing even to bring it up to 2% of portfolio?

Hi Bikerliz,

I think you misread what I wrote or I'm misunderstanding your question. It currently sits at 2% of the MUE port. In fact, I recently purchased shares to bring it up to that level (based on the new, larger base of cash for this year). http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/10/13/its-not-too...

Cheers,
Jim

Author: bikerliz1 Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 580 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/3/2011 11:39 PM
Thanks Jim--I guess we were speaking about different things. You apparently will not purchase more because you are already at 2% of portfolio. I have yet to reach a 2% allocation to Dendreon in my portfolio. What I'm gathering is that while you will not add to your allocation, this may be a good opportunity to bring my allocation up to 2%. Am I reading this correctly?

Thank
Bikerliz

Mission Team Member CAPS All Star SC1 Red Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 584 of 1172
Subject: Re: DNDN's Sales Figures Date: 11/6/2011 9:02 PM
What I'm gathering is that while you will not add to your allocation, this may be a good opportunity to bring my allocation up to 2%. Am I reading this correctly?

Hi Bikerliz,

I hope the post I just made regarding Q3 results (after I had a chance of reading the release more thoroughly along with the conference call) answers your questions. http://boards.fool.com/dndn-q3-2011-29652645.aspx

Cheers,
Jim

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (7) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement