Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: utahtea Big gold star, 5000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 2369  
Subject: Re: Poll: Average daily camping fee Date: 1/15/2013 3:08 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 2
Do any of you recommend particular clubs?

When we bought our last motor home we received 6 months free of Passport America. We found this to be a savings for us so we signed up for 5 years because the rate was cheaper. We just signed up for another 5 years.

We use these campgrounds mostly for our travel days when we are trying to make time getting from one place to another. Most times the rate is half the regular rate. Most places won't take reservations and you usually have to pay cash. Some places the low rate is just for the first night.

You do have to read each campground carefully because they can have a lot of restrictions and you have to pay close attention to their website for campgrounds who drop out of the program. We found out the hard way this last fall that the iPhone app doesn't have the most up to date information and went to a campground that was no longer with Passport America. The full website does have the most up to date info.

Now that we have America the Beautiful Senior passes (for over age 62, $10 one time fee--a fabulous deal), we can camp at most federal facilities for half price.

Two years ago DH insisted on going to Yosemite so he could buy his Senior Pass ON his 62nd birthday so last November when we were visiting Yosemite I had to insist that my DH drive us to an entrance station so I could buy mine ON my birthday. It's saved us so much money on camping fees! All the campgrounds we've been have been 1/2 off with the Senior Pass BUT we were told that it depends on the park and not all the parks do the 1/2 off. The Senior Pass will also get you half off on ranger tours like the Firey Furnace hike in Arches National Park. That's the main reason I wanted one for myself.

Utahtea
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

2013 Feste Award Voting Begins!
Who will win the 2013 Feste Award? Vote now for the Fool that most exemplifies the Fool Community mission of Learning Together!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Berkshire Hathaway

Reestablishing the Middle Class
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement