UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: MBGaultney Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 75335  
Subject: Do I have any recourse? Date: 11/28/1999 1:23 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Greetings,

(I figure I deserve to be at Fool.com!) :)

Back in June of this year I submitted all the forms to have my IRA money ... almost $300,000... transferred from a local mutual fund company to a large Internet broker. I moved my funds from a mutual fund to the local companies money market to facilitate the transfer. I was told by the Internet company that this transfer would take 3 to 4 weeks. I called several times after three weeks because my funds were not showing up on my account. They kept reassuring me that sometimes these things take longer and that perhaps my local company was dragging their feet. After two months I called this local company and they insisted that they had never received the transfer. Many many phone calls... I would say twice a month took place between me and this broker. Each time they would tell me they would check on it. Finally ... mid-November I really blew up at them. I found out that NOTHING had been done to get the transfer going. They had all my paperwork but as they said "let the ball drop". They did finally on November 18th send the transfer paperwork out. I was told someone in authority would call me and give me some sort of retribution but that they didn't pay anything for missed opportunity. I am very upset about this since clearly I have lost quite a bit of money having this money just sit in a 4% money market. (My model portfolio that I intended to put this money into has earned 24% since then.) No one has ever returned my call. I called again mad on November 24th asking why I wasn't even given the respect of the return call ... and once again I was told they would get back to me. I realize it has been a holiday week ... but it is the 28th and still no return call. I did get notification from my local company that the funds have been transferred. I am not sure I want to keep my money with this company, but I would like to hear what they may offer me if anything since I am out so much. If you could please tell me ... what are my rights here? Who should I complain to? I appreciate your help very much. Thank you.
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Post of the Day:
Value Hounds

Medallion Financial: TAXI!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement