Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 7
Do I have to file a
Form1040 for 2000 for her ONLY to let the IRS know that she has passed away? Some place I read that a tax
return has to be filed within 8 months of a person's
death but her income was well under the taxable limit
to file.

=== === ===
Since her income was under the filing limit as you indicate, there is no need to file a Form 1040 for her. The Social Security Administration notifies the IRS of decedents.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.