Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Do not rx that you use a mutual fund. The pitiful $500.00 you can invest would wilt in most funds unless it is a special education fund like Mass. or NY. Suggest a good growth stock. Your long term result will be much better. That is what we did for our grandchild. Then look at a custodial account as that $500.00, even over 17 years, won't go far for college. Good Luck.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.