No. of Recommendations: 2
Do the victims Major Hassan deserve Purple Hearts? I'd say they do; they were shot by an individual who did what he did out of sympathy for al Qaeda and jihadis everywhere. He was in contact with Anwar al-Awlaki, an individual the president saw fit to take out with a drone strike. This was not simply a case of a disgruntled worker going postal. The Fort Hood victims were the victims of a terrorist as surely as those injured in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Regarding the Seal, I do have to agree with you. The first thing that's ingrained into anyone who joins the military is that 20 is the magic number. If, after 16 years, he could no longer handle the physical demands of being a Seal, I'm sure he could've found something else to do to finish off his 20. Being an instructor for Seal recruits immediately comes to mind. Somehow, I don't think the Navy would go out of its way to stiff one of its heroes.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement