UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next
Author: davekone Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 76237  
Subject: Re: Factor in Senior Citizen Discount Date: 7/8/2004 8:03 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you own your residence and are you receiving a school voucher for your children?

I sure do own a few houses and pay for some kids public education somewhere.

I did a very quick search through the Constitution and did not find any reference to taking care of the elderly at the expense of the young.

I did not know that for something to be unconstitutional, the exact phrase must be in the constitution.

This relates to the previous comment. When you establish your own business, you can determine the rules

I'm sure if a restaurant charged different rates based on color because some races statistically make less than others heads would be chopped off. So businesses do not get to make all the rules they want.

We can't have decent schools, but you'll get 10% at Walmart. WTF!

This appears to be an attempt at sensationalism with no basis in fact. As 2old4bs pointed out, these issues have nothing in common

Your probably correct, I got a little carried away!

You have provided the Enrich and Amuse part, but I do not see much on the Educate

If people are so blind to think that pricing based on someone's age alone is correct, I need to do a lot more educating.

I don't take any of the posts so far personally, no one has out right attacked anyone in this thread yet. I'm enjoying the debate thus far and amazed at the point of view. I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers itching to post.

David

Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (45) | Ignore Thread Prev | Next

Announcements

The Retire Early Home Page
Discussion on accelerating retirement day.
Pencils of Promise - Back to School Drive
"Pencils of Promise works with communities across the globe to build schools and create programs that provide education opportunities for children."
Post of the Day:
Saul's Investing Discussions

Why Did I Buy a Bunch of PFIE Today?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement