Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: bboyden Two stars, 250 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1220  
Subject: Do you suggest buying long HAS? Date: 4/20/1999 10:18 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
I just somehow stumpled upon Hasbro in my venturing around fool.com, and have read the last couple days worth of messages. It sounded good, so I went and did some research as far as 3 month chart (spectaular) and stock price (just around $30 so 100 shares isn't unreasonably expensive).

Is HASBrO the ONLY merchandiser to sell Star Wars merchandise?

Please email your reply to me, as well as posting it on the board...

Thanks!
Print the post Back To Top
Author: madoc Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 149 of 1220
Subject: Re: Do you suggest buying long HAS? Date: 4/21/1999 10:53 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
YES! Go long on HAS, they're going places fast.

They have the rights for all the SW toys and games, for this movie plus the next two. From what I've seen so far, it's not just going to be the run-of-the-mill action-figure and playset merchandise we're used to seeing. IMO, Tiger Electronics' acquisition was the single best decision HAS's made - not only is Furby still the rage, but there is a news story on Wired.Com about a Yoda doll based on Furby technology!
http://www.wired.com/news/news/culture/story/19222.html

My favorite bit is "Already, scores of customers have bid on pre-sell offers on Amazon.com and eBay at prices from US$39 to over $60." Personally, I'd love to get hold of one for myself..

At least, it's not an Ewok! (Check http://www.brunching.com for TPM trailer sightings of an Ewok, nooooo!)

The only caveat: the Star Wars licensing costs are STEEP. HAS' net profit after expenses isn't THAT high, they'll have to sell zillions of dollars worth of toys over the lifetime of the deal to make it up.

Madoc

Author: nowheretogo Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 150 of 1220
Subject: Re: Do you suggest buying long HAS? Date: 4/21/1999 11:41 AM
they'll have to sell zillions of dollars worth of toys
I expect they will.

FYI, there is one other toymaker with rights- Lego is licensed to make a Star Wars playset. But that should hardly infringe on Hasbro's market.

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (3) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement