Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread
Author: RAKEN Three stars, 500 posts Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 1443  
Subject: Re: Raken develops a craps strategy Date: 9/11/2000 2:39 PM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
Do you want the X (a 12-crap) separated by a space or should it be part of an L string the way 2 is?

Without spaces. Keep the X as part of the L string.

I want the X as part of the string because I want to be able to see the pattern of W's and L's. The fact that the JK House of Holy Numbers and Self-Abuse does not pay off on the '12 crap don't' is only a money mgmt issue. The more important issue for us is finding patterns that work. After that we'll worry about whether we can make decent money off it.

Also, any help you can provide on nomenclature would be appreciated. I haven't done any heavy duty stat or computer work in 30 years. You used the term 'string' to describe one of the short sequences. That's fine with me. If you feel we're using any term in different ways, mention it. I ran into a problem with people being sloppy with 'expectation' and 'anticipation' on the amzn board when discussing beating roulette. If there isn't agreement on terms we end up talking past each other and resolving nothing.

Raken
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll Report this Post | Recommend it!
Print the post  
UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (22) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Prev | Next | Next Thread

Announcements

Foolanthropy 2014!
By working with young, first-time moms, Nurse-Family Partnership is able to truly change lives – for generations to come.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Post of the Day:
Macro Economics

The Story Behind the Story
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and "#1 Media Company to Work For" (BusinessInsider 2011)! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement