UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Author: intercst Big funky green star, 20000 posts Top Favorite Fools Feste Award Nominee! Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: of 61159  
Subject: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date: 10/26/2012 2:34 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 3
WTF?

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-57539399/woman-charged-m...

A Minnesota woman is reportedly unhappy with her doctor after she was allegedly charged extra for asking too many questions.

Susan Krantz of Minnatonka, Minn. visited her doctor recently for an annual physical, and when looking at her itemized bill, noticed an unusual charge of $50.06, CBS Minnesota reports.

"Even as a registered nurse, I can't figure out what this is," she told CBS Minnesota.

</snip>

Give me a Robo-Doc that will refill my prescriptions and I'll never visit a live one again.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45968 of 61159
Subject: Re: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date: 10/26/2012 9:51 AM
Post New | Post Reply | Reply Later | Create Poll . Report this Post | Recommend it!
Recommendations: 0
"Give me a Robo-Doc that will refill my prescriptions and I'll never visit a live one again." - intercst

I think I'd prefer that too. A robot doctor wouldn't be judgemental. If I go in there and I haven't lost weight and I've made little effort to improving my health the robo doc or holographic projection (like on Star Trek: Voyager) wouldn't be judgemental.

Art

Author: telegraph Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45969 of 61159
Subject: Re: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date: 10/26/2012 10:21 AM
"I think I'd prefer that too. A robot doctor wouldn't be judgemental. If I go in there and I haven't lost weight and I've made little effort to improving my health the robo doc or holographic projection (like on Star Trek: Voyager) wouldn't be judgemental. "

The robo doc might program the ships computers to give you smaller portions or even deny you snacks between meals!..... and put you on a diet whether you like it or not.

All the food on the Enterprise came out of the food synthesizer. It might just cut out all the sugar - stick in sweetener...and limit your calories.....

The computer would just scan you as you walked in.....know your weight instantly.....

Then again, I have not seen a 'weight challenged' person on Star Trek. Maybe by stardate whatever they have solved that problem...or the automated food systems have insured no one is over weight!

Careful what you wish for!

t.

Author: ariechert Big funky green star, 20000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45971 of 61159
Subject: Re: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date: 10/26/2012 10:29 AM
"Then again, I have not seen a 'weight challenged' person on Star Trek. Maybe by stardate whatever they have solved that problem...or the automated food systems have insured no one is over weight! Careful what you wish for!" - tele

That's what I'm looking forward to. Every couple of years there is some big announcement about how they've found some magic pill or pharmaceutical that will cure obesity and how if if they just had enough grant money they'd have it all worked out. Tooting their own horn so to speak.

It's like cancer research where they announce "in another 10 years we'll have the cure!" My old boss used to laugh about it and say that it was just some researcher trying to drum up support for their research.

We'll see. At this stage of the game, closing in on 60 years of age, I'm not too worried about it.

Art

Author: FCorelli Big red star, 1000 posts Old School Fool Add to my Favorite Fools Ignore this person (you won't see their posts anymore) Number: 45974 of 61159
Subject: Re: Doctor: Extra charge for 2many questions? Date: 10/26/2012 11:04 AM
Recommendations: 2
I think I'd prefer that too. A robot doctor wouldn't be judgemental. If I go in there and I haven't lost weight and I've made little effort to improving my health the robo doc or holographic projection (like on Star Trek: Voyager) wouldn't be judgemental.

Art

It won't matter anyway. The business model nowadays is "The Patient always needs drugs". No matter what your weight is it "should be " 10 pounds less. No matter how you're exercising you "should get more exercise". Your cholesterol should be lower than whatever it is. And everybody needs whatever expensive "Screening" procedure they're pimping today. Had one recently... hey we can schedule you for your next one.

Like the sign on the Springfield dentist's office. No matter how you're brushing, you're doing it wrong

UnThreaded | Threaded | Whole Thread (5) | Ignore Thread Prev Thread | Next Thread
Advertisement