No. of Recommendations: 1
Does anyone have any tips they want to share? Things that made your trip easier, saved you money, things to watch out for or things that shouldn't be missed?

I was thinking that one thing that worked out well is bringing a water bottle. The water is expensive, but there you need to keep hydrated with the heat and all the walking you do there. There are water fountains around, but it is good to have a bottle to fill up when you are near one.

I love a water bottle as much as the next person but I seldom carry them around WDW. That's because if you find a 'fountain' outlet for soda, they will give you a glass of nice icewater for free if you request one. I've done this many times and never been refused (even when I don't purchase anything!) I've seldom run into an employee who gives me trouble over this and often I am requesting 4 or 5 of these. My usual haunt for this is the stand behind Alladin's magic carpet. Obviously, if the stand does not stock cups and ice - they cannot give you the water, so be careful where you ask for it. And don't try this at a sit-down restaurant unless you are dining there at that time. I'm not sure if this is company policy or simply an employee specific decision.

I would think that it would be in Disney's best interest to make free water available to those who request it. Imagine the publicity if a guest becomes ill due to having no money to pay for a glass of water....

Teri
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Community Home
Speak Your Mind, Start Your Blog, Rate Your Stocks

Community Team Fools - who are those TMF's?
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.
Advertisement