Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does anyone here know if it is legal to go up to Canada and buy CDs in a Canadian bank?



No problem. You can set up accounts in Canadian and/or US dollars. You will need a wire transfer agreement between your US bank and the Canadian bank so money can cross the border more easily but there’s no other restrictions such as residency or whatever.

If you want I can send you the name of a financial planner at the Bank of Montreal here in White Rock who could give you more info. He handles our US dollar account.

Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.